Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ax280nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I have a problem, and need some help.

I want to upgrade my HP Omen 15-ax280nd with a new SSD.

And i just found out it has a SSD m.2, with sata.

The SSD i am looking at is the Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 500GB SSD.

But that one is NVMe.

Will it be compatible with my laptop?

TLDR:

My laptop: HP Omen 15-ax280nd

My laptop currently has: Sandisk Z400s M.2 2280 128GB

I want to use: amsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 500GB SSD

Is it compatible?

Kind regards,

CROSSBOWWEAPON

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@CROSSBOWWEAPON 

That M.2 SSD product should be compatible and the following vendor guarantees Crucial P1 series is compatible

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/hp-omen-15-ax280nd/CT13044672

You can buy 500GB or 250GB but why not 1TB ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thanks doe the reply!

So your saying that the Samsung Evo 970 will work in my hp omen?

That would be awesome!

I'm probably going for the 500gb version, in stead of the 1tb, because I don't need 1tb, and I don't have that much money to spend.

Sincerely,

Stef

HP Recommended

I looked at the crucial from the website you gave me (www.crucial.com)

But just by looking at that picture, and looking at my own laptop.

I would say it wouldnt fit, the crucial m.2 ssd  has the seperate connector on the other side then my own laptop.

HP Recommended

Sorry to butt in, but the Samsung and the Crucial drives fit exactly the same. There is no extra connector on the crucial.

They are Both NVMe M.2 2280 SSDs

Banhien offered the crucial 1TB suggestion because you can get twice the capacity for less money than the Samsung.

Think about it for a minute... 🤔

If you are a gamer (which is what that laptop was intended for) you will eat up space in no time with game updates and installs.

Just a wise suggestion. Its up to you.

Mark Banhiens post as solved when you decide what to do, so others can find this answer also. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.