Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Ok I will definitely try that right now, thanks man

HP Recommended

Yaaaaass!  Draining the battery completely worked!  You are the man, thanks so much for the tip.  That was driving me insane.

HP Recommended

I have a feeling it's what the guy is saying below in regard to the power supply. I've had my laptop for 2 years now and I use it nearly every day. I expect the battery life to reduce over time just like with phones, however in the last 6 months I have noticed a similar pattern where my FPS and graphics performance is getting worse and worse and worse and worse and worse. 

I just tried playing Counter Strike 1.6, which is a 15 year old game against bots and I am getting massive FPS lag - which tells me that it can not possibly be a graphics or windows updates problem. I have a feeling that the battery will need to be replaced, which is a shame also because my warranty was only 12 months.

I tried doing what the other guy said - which was to let the computer use up all it's battery before charging again - however my battery life is so bad that a fully charged battery lasts less than 5 mins. 

If I just leave my battery plugged while using the computer, which is what I normally do and what I am doing right now, it just says " 80% battery, pluged in 'not charging' ".

From what I can gather from reading other people's posts and from my situation....

- It's not a graphics card driver problem

- It's not a HP updates problem

- It's not an issue with factory resetting the computer

- It's not HP's problem either. 

Just simply take out your wallet and spend even more money to replace the battery, because most likely it won't be covered under warranty or just like my situation, the warranty will only be 12 months and all problems will persist in the 13-24 month timeframe.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.