4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Omen startup menu at boot

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5011TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I recently had a battery problem with my notebook, now fixed, but in the process of accessing the boot up options menu a few times, it now display EVERY time the PC starts.  The menu I am talking about is the one which says:

Startup menu

F1  System Information

F2 System diagnostics

F7 HP sparekey recovery

F9 Boot menu options

F10 BIOS setup

F11 System recovery

Enter - continue startup

For more information, please go to www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

When I press enter the notebook starts normally and everything works fine.  However, this menu comes up every time the PC is started and does not time out.  Usually it is a problem getting to this menu (because the notebook starts so fast on the SSD), but I have the opposite problem - now it is all working fine I don't want the menu to come up.  I've been to the HP startup website and googled and searched and looked for an option to turn off the menu, but I can't find anything. 

Can you please tell me how I can hide the display of this menu each time the PC starts?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sina_PVZ
Level 1
2 1 1 3
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,
Used to I had the same prob as yours,
Dont panic 🙂 update (or reinstall if it has already been updated) the BIOS, use the device detector on HP's website,
For me it did work,

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
Sina_PVZ
Level 1
2 1 1 3
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,
Used to I had the same prob as yours,
Dont panic 🙂 update (or reinstall if it has already been updated) the BIOS, use the device detector on HP's website,
For me it did work,

View solution in original post

duncan-W
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You were right, it worked.  I didn't think I needed a BIOS upgrade as I'd upgraded to F.23 about 2 weeks ago, but there was an F.23 rev A on the HP support downloads, and when I upgraded all now works fine.  I searched and searched and couldn't find an option anywhere to remove the startup menu.  Seems right that it should be set somewhere in the BIOS (actually UEFI) but I couldn't find an option anywhere.  Thanks for the tip.

get_imrano
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey

I'm also getting the same problem since few days, everytime i boot my laptop i get the startup menu automatically displayed on my screen. Please tell me if you find any solution.

duncan-W
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See the replies above.  Update or re-update the BIOS even if you are on the latest version.  Worked for me and several others.

Tags (1)
get_imrano
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Man, As you told I re-updated my BIOS as it was already in latest version. But it didn't worked for me, i'm getting the same problem again. 

MrWealth
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Your Escape key is having a permanent activation. Hit gently to deactivate it and the problem will be solved.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation