Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-ec2003nq 5800h rtx 3050Ti

Hi, I've got this HP Pavilion 15-ec2003nq   5800h with rtx 3050Ti dedicated GPU model offer for reasonable price and I am not sure if it is VR ready or not, I am thinking to pair it with HP Reverb G2 VR headset, it is compatible or I should look for other laptop model?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did you look up the specs of that laptop and compare it with the minimum requirements of the G2?

Not only is the graphics card going to be sub par, it doesn't even have displayport to connect with.

I understand budgets can be tight, but if you're going to run a VR headset on a pc, you need to also expect to spend adequate money on good computer to run it with. Cheap laptops are only going to give you an aggravating experience. Sry.

HP Recommended

I did check the laptop I/O ports and yes it doesn't have display port but a quick search on Google  I found this

"No, there aren't even adapters for HDMI 2.0 to DP 1.2. It is not possible to get 4K 60 Hz through a DisplayPort input unless your source device has DisplayPort output."

And there is a ton of HDMI to DP adapters out there, it is all fakes? If it doesn't then the next question is can it go up to 90Hz on full resolution ?

Sorry for the rockie questions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.