Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 16-a0006nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this HP Pavilion 1.5 year ago to play games. It is overheating from day 1. 

CPU reaching 100 C s, the power transformer also is very hot. The keyboard is very hot
Unfortunately, I trusted the brand and bought it. I have called the support a few times, they are wonderful and very supportive people. Nothing helped overheating. I recently did a research of reviews and discovered that almost everyone has the same issue. 
Thermal paste is replaced, all dusted and cleaned, BIOS updated, nothing helped. Overheating continues. I think I made a big mistake buying HP without checking the reviews. Imagine if you buy a brand new car and engine overheats all the times and you can’t drive the car

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @omarsubasi 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

(1) Set "maximum processor percentage" in Windows to 98%

--->>> How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 11/10

(2Enable Ultimate Performance Plan in Windows 11

( works the same for Windows 10 )

(3) Use cooling pad !

Best laptop cooling pad 2022: top picks for keeping your laptop cool

(4) Monitor temperatures !

CPU

Download, install and start <Open Hardware Monitor>

https://openhardwaremonitor.org/

--->>> take screenshot after a few minutes <idle>

--->>> take screenshot after a few minutes <working/gaming> 

GPU

Download, install and start <GPU-Z>

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

- click tab [sensors]

- Remember to select the right graphics chip/card on bottom

--->>> take screenshot after a few minutes <idle>

--->>> take screenshot after a few minutes <working/gaming> 

(5Please report your results

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking time to help me.

I set the maximum processor % to 98 nothing changed, than all the way to 85%. Nothing is changed. The cpu is still 95C and power adaptor is hot. 
Finally I found a way, I set all the game settings to the min. This way CPU is around 85C but there is not much pleasant in playing the game. 
Once again, this laptop is not a “ gaming laptop” at all and HP should never sell this product as one. I made a mistake by trusting the HP brand and purchased this product I should have search the views posted in the internet. Internet is full of overheating problems in HP laptops. I am surprised that HP ignores these comments and still sells this as “gaming laptop”

Thanks again for your help.  

HP Recommended

Hello @omarsubasi 

Recommendation and solution

In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges must be renewed

High quality thermal paste should be used !

The function of the fan(s) must be checked

- Short circuit test ( if required )

charger/battery test

- Components test

- General cleaning ...

HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support for service repair

HP warranty expired:

If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. All your suggestions are done by a professional service in front of me while I watch. Result is still same. By the way this laptop is same since day one. 

HP Recommended

@omarsubasi wrote:

Thanks for reply. All your suggestions are done by a professional service in front of me while I watch. Result is still same. By the way this laptop is same since day one. 

You're welcome !

Keep me updated

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.