Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc0022na 2018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop has huge heating issues. Earlier I was confident that the rear vents are the exhaust but the air is no more flowing out of those vents. The bottom underbody vent is where the air is coming out of. Not sure if this is how it has always been and I have a false memory of the rear vent being the exhaust or the fan direction is reversed somehow now or there is some choking at some point. The laptop is unusable. Can someone please confirm where the exhaust of this model is, also if it's possible that the fan direction might have changed?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@AV3005,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

I would suggest you refer to the support documents as this will help you in resolving the issue.

Let's start off by updating the Bios, Chipset, and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer to this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

Updating your Notebook computer BIOS

Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean

Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat

Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes

Selecting power save settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

The best way to do that is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If you have followed the instructions and still having issues, I would recommend you go ahead and run an extensive system test from F2(Please capture the failure ID for further assistance)

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I have this PC as well, over the years I've noted the CPU temp has been slowly creeping up.

I highly recommend using a can of compressed air to duster the exterior of the fans every month or so.

It got to a point I was hit 90c with no load, but opening it is very easy with a small screwdriver.

There was an excessive build-up of dust in and around the fan. The can of air was enough to clear it.

CPU temp dropped 40c in one cleaning. I also bought a small cooling base, as my pc gets warm when using multiple screens for extended perionds. 

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.