Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb030nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So roughly 2 years ago I had the same issue with this PC, but it was fixed by updating the BIOS. which causes me to believe its a software issue.

So the symptoms are a little bit hard to describe but ill do my best ( i will write often because no issue is 100% garenteed).

- When starting to type very often the first letter typed doesnt register.

- typing very fast, some pressed keys (often space) do not register leading to some really annoying situations.

- anything to do with Shift is a hassle to press as multiple keys at the same time seems very difficult to execute.

- If i do nothing but look at a word document or write this message there is no issues, however if i open a game everything goes  badly and the keyboard stops working again.

- Restarting computer fixes the issue temporarily only 30% of the time.

- Multiple Keys at the same time almost never works when its being strange. I need to press them together multiple times before it registers it. So for example i want to CRTL-V i need to press it 2-10 times before it actually paste's its all about luck there.

- Each key works individually, and sometimes it all works fine.

- external keyboard works flawlessly

- it seems as random buttons also get pressed without me pressing them, but they are replacing what i am pressing for example shift+0 pasted 4...

What i have tried:

- update BIOS

- Reinstall windows

- adjusting speed of key repetition

- all the suggestions relating to key responsiveness on HP support (sticky key, filtersomthing etc...)

- uninstalling keyboard drivers

- updating everything via HP support assistant

- syc/ scanow (or something like that) in cmd

- malware

- yelled, cried, and begged the computer to work.

- theres probably more but i feel defeated and i dont remember.

How it started: Totally randomly was playing a game and a chat box which is enabled only by the insert key kept opening without me pressing insert. turned off pc after that and the problem from the past was back to haunt me, restarted the pc again, Full function of keyboard was completely gone no buttons worked nothing, so i grabbed an external keyboard. It worked. Than i updated some system bios driver and the keyboard worked again without an issue till i opened a game. It was back...

I guess thats all the info i can think of. If anyone has had this issue too or knows how to solve it please give me your advice im out of ideas.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RaoulBC

Welcome to HP support community.

As you have reinstalled Windows and still the issue persists.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.