Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have to same issue with my pavilion, HP Comm Recovery stopped working.

Can anyone help with this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bigdar

Welcome to the HP support community.

Step 1: System Restore: Restore an earlier date when your computer was working fine. This will not affect your personal data or applications.

• Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.
  • Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
  • If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
  • On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.
  • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
  • On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options
  • On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.
  • Click Windows 8, click Windows 8.1, or click Windows 10 as the target operating system.
  • The System Restore window opens.
  • Click Next.
  • Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click next.
  • The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
  • Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
  • Do yes in the warning that appears.not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click
  • System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

If the issue persists, I suggest you create a new user accountClick Here

I recommend you end the HPcommrecovery process in task manager and check if it helps. HPCommRecovery.exe is not essential for the Windows OS and causes relatively few problems.

Some malware camouflages itself as HPCommRecovery.exe, particularly when located in the C:\Windows or <C:\Windows\System32 folder>. Therefore, you should check the HPCommRecovery.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat. I recommend you run a full virus scan on your computer to make sure it is virus free.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bigdar

Welcome to the HP support community.

Step 1: System Restore: Restore an earlier date when your computer was working fine. This will not affect your personal data or applications.

• Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.
  • Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.
  • If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.
  • On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.
  • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
  • On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options
  • On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.
  • Click Windows 8, click Windows 8.1, or click Windows 10 as the target operating system.
  • The System Restore window opens.
  • Click Next.
  • Click the restore point that you want to use, and then click next.
  • The Confirm Restore Point window opens.
  • Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
  • Do yes in the warning that appears.not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click
  • System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

If the issue persists, I suggest you create a new user accountClick Here

I recommend you end the HPcommrecovery process in task manager and check if it helps. HPCommRecovery.exe is not essential for the Windows OS and causes relatively few problems.

Some malware camouflages itself as HPCommRecovery.exe, particularly when located in the C:\Windows or <C:\Windows\System32 folder>. Therefore, you should check the HPCommRecovery.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat. I recommend you run a full virus scan on your computer to make sure it is virus free.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for you advice and help.I will follow your advice and try it.accepted solution

HP Recommended

@Bigdar

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.