Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15t-dk0000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

I've got the following error after doing an extensive hardware scan. 

9C3RW4-A6XBHR-XD7U3F-40PP03

It says Memory Module 2: Bottom-Slot 2(right) as well. 

What do I need to buy to replace?

What, if anything, might I have done to cause the issue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AaronFarquhar96,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

The critical system error you got means this:

NonSequitur777_0-1677455670774.png

Shut down your laptop. Follow this YouTube instructional video how to open up your laptop, and ONLY unplug the power supply connector, by moving it to the right (see red arrow) (416) Hp Pavilion Gaming 15 Dk - xxx Battery Replacement, STEP By STEP - YouTube:

NonSequitur777_1-1677456211517.png

Then remove the bottom RAM module, use compressed ("canned") air to clean out the RAM slot, reconnect the power supply, put the back cover back on (don't screw it in yet) and start up.  If your laptop starts up, repeat the previous power-disconnect step, and move the upper RAM module (hidden under black insulation) and install it in the lower RAM module slot position. Use canned air to blow out that RAM slot too.  Then reconnect the power connection, put the back cover back on (don't screw it in yet), and see if your laptop will start.

If your laptop does start up, that means almost certainly that the bottom RAM module you just removed is somehow bad. There is not necessarily any reason for it to have gone bad, "RAM Happens", so to speak.

Anyway, you'll have to purchase a replacement RAM stick -identical to the RAM stick that works -preferably same brand, model, and capacity.

If, however, after you moved the upper RAM stick to the bottom RAM position and your laptop doesn't boot up, that could mean that there may be a hardware issue with the RAM slot.

Please report back.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@AaronFarquhar96,

[ADDENDUM] Lest I forget, in addition to using compressed air to clean the RAM slots, perhaps the first step you should take is to first disconnect the battery power cable as described, remove each RAM module, use compressed air to clean each RAM slot, also carefully wipe off each RAM module with a soft cloth (give it a puff of compressed air too) and reinstall each of the RAM sticks as is.

In case you need it, here is a YouTube instructional video showing how to remove/install RAM modules: (417) Hp Pavilion Gaming 15 Dk - xxx Ram Upgrade, STEP By STEP - YouTube.

Also, please take a careful look at each RAM slot to make sure there is no foreign object stuck in it, or any bend copper contacts.

Reconnect the power connection and see if the aforementioned steps fixed your issue -just a thought!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

So I removed and cleaned the RAM stick and then used the windows memory check. It says there is a problem with the hardware still. (i've done that test before, the HP extensive test was new.) Additionally, I don't have a RAM stick under the cover to replace the bottom one with. I'm thinking I need to replace the RAM stick then.

HP Recommended

@AaronFarquhar96,

Did I understand you correctly that you tried to boot your laptop with the RAM stick fitted in the upper RAM slot and it still showed the critical error?

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I only cleaned it. But, I just now put my RAM stick in the upper slot. Ran the windows memory diagnostic and it still says there is a hardware problem. I am able to boot my computer fine. Previously I had some common BSOD errors that I thought updating my driver would fix. Seems like the issue is the RAM stick. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.