09-15-2019 05:46 AM
My headset mic is not being recognised, as a result I can hear everything fine on discord and skype but I cannot talk. I have tried various different headsets and earphones but none of them work, I have also tried them on different devices and they worked fine. I have updated all drivers but still no change.
Hoping someone will be able to help
Thanks in advance 👍
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-17-2019 09:46 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, uninstall Audio device from device manager.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the entry. Right-click the Audio inputs and Outputs and select Uninstall device.
- You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Reboot the computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee