Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Example: Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i am Gaming While Plug in Charger, laptop heats quickly and fan is on high. i also try with 100 % battery and plug in charger same issue faced, but while not plug in charger, i observe casual heating and slow fan speed.

is there any problem with my laptop ?

it is safe to play games while charging the laptop ?

what is the best way to play game in laptop for long time with out getting over heated?

please suggest. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@harshal98

Thank you for posting back. 

Please follow the steps listed below to improve the FPS on your Intel Graphics adapter: 

• Update the graphics card driver 

• Increase the amount of RAM - by increasing the shared memory under system properties > Advanced > Performance settings > Advanced > Change Virtual memory > use the recommended file size for paging. 

• Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after the maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power-saving features. That is why in order to achieve the maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High-Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 

Please, note that although this tip will certainly improve your Intel HD Graphics' performance it will also increase the power it draws, as well as the heat it generates under heavy load (which is the case for games). Caution is advised, especially if you are on a laptop that experiences temperature problems. 

• Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@harshal98

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

use the following steps:

• Shut down the computer, and then inspect and clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Dust can accumulate inside the vent openings and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat.

For more information on reducing heat inside your computer, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC.

• After you remove the dust, turn on the computer. If the error message persists, continue with these steps.
  • Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again, even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service.

For more information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.

• In some cases, updating the BIOS might help prevent this error from occurring. For more information on how to update the BIOS, see Updating the BIOS.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi thank you for replying 

as i purchase my laptop recently i am not sure that it is dust or hardware issue i found that my laptop is heating when i use it for gaming while charging. can this cause my laptop to overheating?

HP Recommended

@harshal98

Thank you for posting back. 

Please follow the steps listed below to improve the FPS on your Intel Graphics adapter: 

• Update the graphics card driver 

• Increase the amount of RAM - by increasing the shared memory under system properties > Advanced > Performance settings > Advanced > Change Virtual memory > use the recommended file size for paging. 

• Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after the maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power-saving features. That is why in order to achieve the maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High-Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 

Please, note that although this tip will certainly improve your Intel HD Graphics' performance it will also increase the power it draws, as well as the heat it generates under heavy load (which is the case for games). Caution is advised, especially if you are on a laptop that experiences temperature problems. 

• Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS) 

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.