Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 15-ce013nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have an annoying problem. I recently bought an omen 15-ce013nl. It works perfectly but I need for some of my applications the home button. Sadly where it should be placed the home button there is an omen button which is useless.

When I press it, opens the hp command center. I did some research about remapping keys but nothing works.

I need the home key because it's requested by many games and programs in my pc.

Thank you for your help.

48 REPLIES 48
HP Recommended

Hello @GCar

The only other post I have read where someone claimed to be able to set up the Home key was on this thread...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/How-to-get-Home-button-on-Omen-an-055-ur/m-p/6622727#...

Perhaps it will help?

HP Recommended

Hi Photoray002,

Sadly it doesn't help me because my keyboard have any p# keys and as far as I know I don't have any program that creates macros.

I wonder why nobody complains about this problem. The home key is important and the omen key should come as an extra button. Not as a replacement for the home key.

Thank you for your attempt to help me.

HP Recommended

Why is no one raising hell with HP over this stupid decision? I've tried with every customer support avenue but no one has a clue. They're saying "just return the unit". That's your solution for making such a foolish decision??

HP Recommended

home button is accessed with combination of :

Fn + Omen

keys

HP Recommended

Everybody knows that. That doesn't help. Having to press an extra button to get to a standard feature is stupid.

HP should have put that Omen button aside from all the other standard keyboard buttons. Whoever came up with the idea to replace Home with Omen was a complete moron and should be fired.

HP Recommended

https://github.com/jingyu9575/remap-omen-key
I found this solution, works fine

HP Recommended

I really hope your solution works but I've already returned my HP Omen. I wish I had found your solution earlier so I could have tested it. Thank you for your efforts.

HP Recommended

do not feel bad, i have already tried that solution and it did not work, i didn't even find some folders in registry for that button

HP Recommended

With the last update of the omen command center the method mentioned above does't work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.