Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Now for your question regarding the period of warranty and a refund - ask yourself these questions

- Is there an issue with your computer?

- Does this issue impact performance and stability of your computer?

- Isn't ensuring performance and stability (a definition of something working as it should be) a purpose of warranty?

- Does importance of keeping these attributes weaken over time, or is it bound to the duration of the warranty?

- Are you the one that introduced this issue?

- Have you exhaused are official means for reaching for support?

- Has your issue been fixed in a timely fashion?

- Has there been any attempt to do so at all?

- Have you escalated your means of support?

- Did it change anything

- What is your device's performance and stability at the end of the day? Are your customer rights being respected, is your vendor in compliance to the Consumer Law? Are you aware that warranty is a legal agreement between you and your vendor? Don't you think that once agreement gets broken by the vendor, it should compensate you?

-

HP Recommended

I think you should become a lawyer 🙂

Since the problem is related with Bios firmware, that already answers most of the questions. We will see what happens. 

HP Recommended

I contacted support yesterday and gave them the ets file (logman) and the video I recorded using screen capture, so that they can see whats exactly happening. Hope they come up with a solution.

HP Recommended

Today, I've found a new Firmware for my Zbook 17 G5: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-17-g5-mobile-workstation/18865648

It's the version: 01.08.01 Rev.A for my Zbook G5.

I've updated the Notebook and now, let's see and hope... So, I'm testing the new firmware, may be, HP removed the high system process, but I can tell later some more details.

HP Recommended

Hi Christoph, great news! Just disable sleeping on closing the lid, close the lid and open it up, this usually spawns the issue.

I'll test this on both Windows and Linux once I get back from my job.

Omen Crew, did you receive an update too?

HP Recommended

For omen, its still bad omen. No update yet

HP Recommended

clipboard_image_0.png

HP Firmware Pack (Q70) 01.08.01 Rev.A

There it is, just closed and opened the lid.

We've been lied to, there was no escalation on this issue whatsoever, the problem has been ignored.

HP Recommended

We can wait for sometime, if things don't move froward. Each one of us should start giving negative reviews. [edit]

HP Recommended

Yo bro, damage control in progress, your reply has been edited.

I wouldn't be surprised if ASUS or Razer PR stumbled upon this thread and used it to crush HP in the gaming sector once and for all... Rightfully so, HP is ripping off it's customers with HP Omen, almost everything is wrong with these laptops - temperatures, fan curves, faulty firmware for various models, 5 different versions of OEM configuration software that does the same exact thing, non existent REAL customer support (many have tried), faulty batteries.

I regret buying my device, and it was expensive as hell. If I could go back in time, I'd go for ASUS GX701 or Razer Blade 17...

HP Recommended

@MaPo31415

I see that on August 2nd I did in fact escalate your concerns and on that same day the escalation team did in fact reply back to you, suggesting that you reach out to the team that specializes in support for your product.  You were give contact information at that time.

Based on your comments, "We've been lied to, there was no escalation on this issue whatsoever, the problem has been ignored"

I would like to clarify if you did in fact reach out to that team as suggested, and are you stating that they did not respond.  Please send me a private message with

the case number that the team provided you if you contacted them.  

Thank you. 

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.