Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptops performance isnt up to its mark it isnt utilising the whole gpu and my cpu temperatures get quite high.Atleast let me use my 3060 100 W to its full potential.Even the 3dmark score is 6.2k whereas the avg score for the same specs are 7.5-8K.Help HP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Alex1127,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If you are experiencing high CPU temperatures and low GPU usage on your HP OMEN 15 with an RTX 3060 and 5800H processor, there could be several possible causes.

• Poor thermal management: The high CPU temperatures could be due to poor thermal management by the laptop. Check if the cooling fans are running properly and the air vents are not blocked. You may also want to try cleaning the fans and vents of any dust or debris.
  • CPU bottleneck: The low GPU usage could be due to a CPU bottleneck, which means that the processor is not able to keep up with the demands of the graphics card. This could be due to the CPU being underpowered or not optimized for the workload.
  • Power management: It is possible that the laptop is not delivering enough power to the GPU, which could result in low usage. Make sure that the power settings are configured to High-Performance mode.
  • Driver issues: Ensure that the latest drivers are installed for both the CPU and GPU.

To address these issues, you may want to try the following.

• Use a cooling pad: A cooling pad can help improve the laptop's thermal management by providing extra cooling.
  • Check the power settings: Make sure that the laptop is set to High-Performance mode to ensure that the CPU and GPU are receiving enough power.
  • Monitor CPU and GPU usage: Use software like HWMonitor to monitor the CPU and GPU usage and temperatures. This can help you identify any bottlenecks or issues.
  • Update drivers: Ensure that the latest drivers are installed for both the CPU and GPU. You may also want to try rolling back to an older driver version if the latest one is causing issues.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.