Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dh1019nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Specs

I7-10750H

32gb Ram

Rtx 2070 Super max  q

512gb  M.2 ssd

Model Number

15-dh1019nr

Problem

When I first got the laptop I was playing Cyberpunk my temperatures stayed around 80-85 degrees Celsius. After the omen gaming hub updated and I upgraded my ssd my temperatures while playing Cyberpunk doesn't go below 93 degrees. I updated the bios and even tried the intelligent undervolt  but it kept making my pc overheat and then crash. I finally was able to cancel it and now my idle temps are 10 degrees higher then they used to be.

Update

Little update. After trying to do the intelligent undervolt it’s gets extremely hot then crashes. When I turn it back on it crashes on the password screen 2 times in a row and finally lets me login. This happened three times before I just put the laptop away while I wait for a response 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

IMG_20210114_073903.jpg

 image is sideways but u get the point. I have my pc, in idle, standing on a book to allow it to breathe properly.

Its quite stupid design. It literally runs to 68 in idle on gpu and cpu on a falt surface, with cpu power at 50%

This is the case for almost every omen laptop i have seen. Enjoy the noise. 

Im getting a seperate cooling pad, if it does not work, i will sell the pc to some random guy and hope he is deaf. That is literally the only way you would be able to live with the noise levels generated.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

First of all, CPU temp stay around 80-85 degrees , This is normal states for a gaming laptop.

After upgrading SSD and updating Omen gaming hub, Temp doesn't go below 93? This two actions have no impact to temp.

Please check your omen gaming hub if it stay at performance mode or not. you can turn to balance mode to reduce CPU heating. Or you can change the fan control mode to make fan stay at highest speed.

HP Recommended

Well I put both updating hub and upgrading ssd because I did them right after each other and maybe 15 minutes later I tried to play a game and that’s when my laptop was almost overheating aka the problem I stated. Before the update and upgrade playing cyberpunk my laptop was at 80-85 degrees at and after 93-99

HP Recommended

Check your fan and ensure it work normally. When playing games like Cyberpunk2077,CPU temp 93-99 is acceptable. Anyway . check your fan and performance mode first.

HP Recommended

I checked the fans first because I thought I messed them up while putting in the ssd and they where fine. I know 93-99 is fine but I just don’t like the sudden huge rise in temperature doing the same task. I also dont know what you mean by performance mode I need to put it on for gaming 

HP Recommended

IMG_20210114_073903.jpg

 image is sideways but u get the point. I have my pc, in idle, standing on a book to allow it to breathe properly.

Its quite stupid design. It literally runs to 68 in idle on gpu and cpu on a falt surface, with cpu power at 50%

This is the case for almost every omen laptop i have seen. Enjoy the noise. 

Im getting a seperate cooling pad, if it does not work, i will sell the pc to some random guy and hope he is deaf. That is literally the only way you would be able to live with the noise levels generated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.