Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I second your opinion , this would be awesome , my omen comes standard with 3200mhz ram and its not useable......go figure ??? Also a option to charge battery to max 80 or 85 % would be awesome , i have allready had to replace my battery once after only few months 

HP Recommended

I second both the XMP request and the battery limiter.

If they have been implemented for every laptop, why shouln't they be here as well?

The advanced options tab in bios is disabled, so we cannot access and tweak options (although it is a gaming laptop...), so at least battery and xmp seem fair to have.

Do you have any feedback from the bios team? Especially considering the machine is new, there should be support

Thank you

HP Recommended

I am also for enabling XMP please. Agreed - this is a gaming laptop so XMP should have been enabled or the option present at the very least.

HP Recommended

It really should be allowed. I managed to access the bios file and unlock the XMP setting which is listed within the "hidden" bios settings along with a host of other changeable fields. I saved the bios but was unable to upload it to my omen as it needs the signature file that comes with the bios to successfully install. It appears that even a minor change to the bios file changes the link to the signature file and there is a mismatch. I upgraded my RAM to 32gb and I don't understand why the laptop is restricted to 2733 when it comes with 3200mhz. The laptop will always under perform from its full potential with this limited. 

HP Recommended

I am also voting for the XMP option to be enabled (hp omen 15 en0171ng)

HP Recommended

I agree with the previous speakers. The XMP option must be available on a gaming laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.