Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-21-2022 05:32 AM - last edited on 09-26-2022 05:54 AM by JessikaV
Please tell me how to turn off the power of USB ports on a laptop in sleep mode? The laptop goes to sleep and shuts down (everything is fine), but the devices connected to it receive power and work --- cooling pad, phone, external drive, etc. USB ports ---- (disabled in BIOS!) I repeat, turn off the USB power in the sleep mode of the laptop so that all devices do not receive power and turn off with the laptop when it enters sleep mode?
OMEN Laptop - 15-dh1006ur
09-21-2022 10:47 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
(1) I checked BIOS revision history for a related issue you are talking about. Nothing is mentioned.
(2) Are you using the latest BIOS version ? F.37 Rev.A
(3) If disabling <USB power> in BIOS does not work it is a bug !
(4) Use [ Shutdown Hibernate ] instead and test again ...
(5) Please report your results
09-21-2022 11:48 AM
1) BIOS F.37 Rev. A installed
2) <USB power> in BIOS --- enabled and works when the laptop is off!!! as it should be!!! <USB Power> does not apply to sleep mode because --- Sleep mode by definition leaves power on the USB and PC/2 ports. Otherwise you can't get out of it.!!!
3) So I turned to the question, how can I disable USB ports in sleep mode? I explain in the BIOS that the USB is turned off when the laptop is turned off (it should be right and it works), but not for sleep mode !!!
4) Why did I explain that the USB power was turned off in the BIOS, so that I would not be asked to turn it off !!!!
5) Any computer or laptop in sleep mode has active USB ports, USB can only be turned off (hibernation), but I don’t want to use it (hibernation), ,,,,, that’s why I turned here.
09-22-2022 01:04 AM
I agree that USB power should be automatically disabled in sleep mode to save energy. That's why the sleep mode exists. You could contact HP support and report a suggestion for improvement. Whether this will be implemented in time by a Bios update is questionable.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community