Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hp Omen 15t laptop, with the 7700hq and 1050ti, keeps shutting off randomly. Recently updated the GPU drivers, but have not updated BIOS. I just swapped the RAM from 8gb to 16gb at 2666, so we will see if that helps the issue. I know sometimes RAM can cause problems like this. Its not really overheating (sits at 45c on idle, and gets to mid 80s with heavy tasks) and I don't put that much stress on it regularly. I use mostly for work and light gaming. It did this twice during a meeting with one of our biggest clients, NOT GOOD! Anyone have any ideas of what is happening?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Dex89 Welcome to HP Community!

I have a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

• Check with an alternate power cord/adapter or another wall outlet, remove any surge protectors and connect directly to the wall outlet and check if that works.
  • Does the issue persists with the battery alone or even when the device is connected to the wall outlet? please verify.
  • Have you had any thunderstorms lately, before this issue occurred?
    • If yes, this could be a hardware malfunction that requires a repair.
    • If no, try the below steps:
    • (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No thunderstorms recently. I do not have another power supply/cord to use at the moment. Will have to order one, but I did test this theory and it seems to be just when it’s charging from any outlet. It is very intermittent though and I can’t re-create the issue regularly. 

the trouble shooting did not help, and neither did the RAM swap, but I was going to upgrade anyways. 

HP Recommended

@Dex89

Since the issue is intermittent, I suggest you run an Extensive System Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality and also let me know if the Notebook shuts down during the Test

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is no option for “system tests” or “extensive tests” in the system diagnostics menu. Only these 4 options

-memory test

-hard drive check

-language

-exit

HP Recommended

@Dex89 Here's what you'll need to complete the system/extensive tests:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.