Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15 2021
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Potential problem in the Omen 2021 Ryzen lineup!!

Read!

The CPU temperature of omen laptop (R7+3060) when on idle state reaches 75 degree celsius. My laptop is approx. 30 days old and I noticed this issue a few days ago. The CPU temps on balanced profile mode stays between 65-75 (sometimes touches 80) while watching a video, zoom call, browsing etc. This issue only occurs when the laptop is CONNECTED TO POWER BRICK (when charging). When disconnected to the power brick the temperature remains normal that is between 45-55 celsius in the same scenario. To make sure that this problem is not hardware related I asked other omen users to check and they confirmed this problem in their devices as well.

The customer support is unsuccessful at resolving the issue as this issue is probably new to them and the first thing the make you do is update the bios or replace your power brick which does not solve the problem (you cannot claim warrenty as this is not a hardware issue according to hp support). This problem worsens when on windows 11 (the temps were touching 85 on idle state). If anyone from hp is reading this I request you to look into this and fix this issue with a new bios update. 

NOTE: THIS PROBLEM IS NOT RELATED TO GAMING, THE HEATING WHILE GAMMING IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY. I'M SPECIFICALLY TALKIMG ABOUT ABNORMAL TEMPERATURES DURING NORMAL USE.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@imdeecee wrote:

... The CPU temperature of omen laptop (R7+3060) when on ideal state reaches 75 degree celsius.

@imdeecee 

That is good, many members report their Omen can run over  90°C. I think 85°C and under and do not try to push too hard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No way this is good. A laptop in idle state(browsing, Netflix, chrome etc) should never cross temperatures as mention in my post. @banhien read my post again.

HP Recommended

Sadly HP can't do this on their own, follow the instructions in the video for minimal performance decrease but a substantial temperature reduction (for me it was as much as 25 degrees C).

[content removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.