11-03-2019 03:42 AM
Hi , I have a HP Pavilion 15-cx0056wm and change Windows from 1803 to 1909 but my GPU Nvidia GF GTX 1050ti not detected by my laptop, no in device manager and any program or Driver Pack and no install with Nvidia driver in official website and HP website
11-05-2019 04:55 PM - edited 11-05-2019 04:56 PM
@A1375E Welcome to HP Community!
Make sure that your graphics card isn’t disabled
Sometimes this issue can occur if your graphics card is disabled in Device Manager. To see if your card is disabled, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and select Device Manager from the list of results.
- Once Device Manager opens, locate your graphic card and double click it to see its properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and click the Enable button. If the button is missing it means that your graphics card is enabled.
Also, to ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction:
Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
- Click Extensive Test.
- Click Run once, or Loop until error.
- While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
11-06-2019 11:51 AM
@A1375E I suggest you create a new user account and check if that works, if that doesn't work, back up all your personal data and reset windows using the steps from this link: click here, considering all hardware tests have passed, this seems to be a windows error.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee