Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 2017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody 😀 !

I have a problem/question. I just upgraded my Omen 15 2017 (i5-GTX 1050) with 2 1TB SSD, new Arctic thermal paste and 16GB of RAM, HP recommend Crucial so i buy on their website. Great stuff it works perfectly 😉 !

But i have a problem, i went in the task manager and i saw the Intel HD Graphics (integrated graphics) use 7.9GB of my RAM ! I think that's a big waste, i never play with this graphics card.

And the funny thing, i started Need for Speed Heat on the integrated graphics and it only uses 1.2GB of the dedicated RAM 🙄.

How can i decrease the Intel HD memory ? I think 1GB must be enough for it. I loose the half of my upgrade...

P-S : Sorry if my English is bad, i'm French 🇫🇷.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SlickickGames 

I don't know what is the model/product of your Omen 15 2017. Integrated graphics can use up to 50% of available RAM.  System will work this out and allocate (automatically) FREE system RAM to VRAM, system will take back when required.

The following list shows you how much it can take depending on AVAILABLE SPARE system RAM:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SlickickGames 

I don't know what is the model/product of your Omen 15 2017. Integrated graphics can use up to 50% of available RAM.  System will work this out and allocate (automatically) FREE system RAM to VRAM, system will take back when required.

The following list shows you how much it can take depending on AVAILABLE SPARE system RAM:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.