Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day to all,

I have a HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx, while my laptop is plugged to a power source and the battery is %100 I dont have any issues, when I unplug and use it a bit, when I plug it back I have a big fps drop in games and it keeps like that till the battery is charged fully. It is very weird to have an fps drop in %99 and not in %100.

Thank you for your help,

Sincerely.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@batikanrml

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried changing the settings in graphic driver?

To get the answer to this question, this happens when system throttles down to conserve power.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Search for power, and then click Power Options.

Opening the Power Options in Windows

3. Select an option under Choose or customize a power plan.

Selecting a power plan

4. To customize the selected plan, click Change plan settings, and then select the display and sleep settings when using the battery and when plugged in.

NOTE: To set up a personalized plan, click Create a power plan from list on the left side of the main Power Options window, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The plan displays in the list of available power plans.
  5. To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.

Change advanced power settings for more options

6. Click the plus sign next to the component or function, change the available settings, click Apply, and then click OK.

Changing the Advanced settings

7. Click Save changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@batikanrml

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried changing the settings in graphic driver?

To get the answer to this question, this happens when system throttles down to conserve power.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Search for power, and then click Power Options.

Opening the Power Options in Windows

3. Select an option under Choose or customize a power plan.

Selecting a power plan

4. To customize the selected plan, click Change plan settings, and then select the display and sleep settings when using the battery and when plugged in.

NOTE: To set up a personalized plan, click Create a power plan from list on the left side of the main Power Options window, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The plan displays in the list of available power plans.
  5. To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.

Change advanced power settings for more options

6. Click the plus sign next to the component or function, change the available settings, click Apply, and then click OK.

Changing the Advanced settings

7. Click Save changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@echo_lake

Greetings!

I have tried to the solution, I have changed the hard disk closing time to 10 and intel graphic power settings to maximum performance and my problem seem to be fixed. Thank you for your help! Yet, are there any negative side effects that this settings may cause to my battery or something else? 

Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.