Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15t Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was playing godeater 3 for a hour and my cpu was 92c i have it on a cooling pad i have a •Intel® Core™ i7 9750H (2.6 GHz, up to 4.5 GHz, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)+NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 with Max-Q design (8 GB)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, in order to get better performance usually from design, system will make CPU run at high temperature to get more power. On Intel platform, the CPU temperature limitation would be around 97C. so 92C is quite safe. you can refer to more details from this article.

HP OMEN and HP Victus PCs – Balancing temperature and performance in HP gaming PCs | HP® Customer Su...

HP Recommended

Hello,

The CPU can reach up to 100 degrees, while you are gaming the CPU increases power TDP and its normal for a CPU to increase to such high temperatures. Intel is listing the CPU TDP and TJ value that is 100 degrees.

Intel Core i79750H Processor 12M Cache up to 4.50 GHz Product Specifications

If you have OMEN Gaming Hub, you can check if you can control the fan speed, you can check if your unit also has the latest BIOS and GPU driver, you can use GeForce Experience for that as well. 

Also your CPU has a turbo boost max value, CPU can reach up to 4.5GHz for couple of seconds or miliseconds, depending on the Intel Power levels for this CPU, so its a normal temperature to occur while gaming due to the increase of power the CPU is using to run at higher clock speeds. 

Hugo M. Lemos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.