Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm noticing this exact same problem.  It only seems to happen when i'm typing normally, and it's just words.  To me it seems like it's the letter L and N that cause the biggest issues.   And it's only when i'm just typing quickly and trying to write out a long piece of text.   It's pretty frustrating b/c it causes so many errors in my typing.

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem with my space bar and x key i am using virtual keyboard to type this because cant hit space its not even two months and this issue is really annoying

HP Recommended

I've the exact same laptop and exact same issue and I also found out it doesn't register the combination of three keys involving these keys. i.e j+k+i doesn't work. I thought it was only my laptop's fault and after a lot of internet search ended up here.

Please give me a follow up if you chose to replace it or some similar solution, and your result.

HP Recommended

Well I think this is some kind of manufacturing fault I got replacement but still having this keyboard issue, Now I can't type in speed and it seems there is no solution for this laptop. Now I am regretting why I bought this this laptop.

HP Recommended

As far as I can tell, this can now be classified as a known problem. This is an unusable machine given this issue, typing is too central to the function of why we buy laptops to deal with this irregularity. I just had to spend hours researching to get to this thread. But I am indeed having the same problem.

I have done the key test and can confirm that the issue arises within that test as well. On my keyboard, any word that ends in "ion" will have the "n" dropped at the end consistently, and many other small mistakes come up as well.

What will HP do about people who bought this laptop with a defect? How can we move forward, I don't think it's enough to simply ask people if it is about their typing style anymore when it is clearly reproducible on many machines.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I am under exactly the same issue(but the "R" key)...

It works inconstantly, when it stops, I have to press and keep it pressed till it works again.

I don't know what is happening and I tried all the steps of the others posts (with the same issue but different OMEN model), but with no results.

HP Recommended

I've had this laptop for a few months and this issue just started. First the 'x' key stopped working - or very rarely works - and now the 'r' key only intermittently works. When I type certain words it'll either not type 'r' - "wod" - type it fine - "word" - or type the 'r' after the letter I pressed after it - "wodr" - or sometimes type it both before and after - "wordr." This definitely is not me mistyping. It is consistently inconsistent, except now the 'x' key almost never works and the 'r' key works most of the time, but has periods where it stops working or I have to press it many times before it works again and it may continue having issues for a time after that. I feel like this isn't a mechanical issue with the key pressing mechanism. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem with my Omen. 

I've noticed this issue while playing Warzone and in particular while I press multiple keys at once, in my case pressing "sdw" at the same time or one letter after the other, will mess up the "r" key. 

Have you solved the problem by any chance?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same exact issue. Certain key combinations just don't work when typed consecutively. ( n, k ) is especially noticeable any time I type words like "think", also ( i, j), ( i, n), (n , k), ( l, m), ( o, m), ( x t)and (  . ,  ' ) I have noticed exhibit the same problem - whatever key is typed second will often not show up. It makes me wonder what combinations I just haven't thought to try that are also faulty.

I would love it if there is some fix to this, because otherwise I really did love this laptop and I've only had it for a week - I don't want to set up a new one all over again. It's beautiful and the display is crisp. If sending it in to be fixed is possible, I'm sentimentally attached to this thing now, so I would wait for this specific laptop to work properly again. That being said, I type quickly and accurately and this is keyboard is practically unusable for typing. I really can't make myself accept getting used to that any time I'm away from my desktop. Even typing this review was filled with annoyance as I constantly had to re-type already pressed keys and make sure I hadn't missed a typo somewhere. 

HP Recommended

I sent my laptop to the support, it took only a week for them to fix it and send it back to me. 

Now it is perfect, no issues detected yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.