Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15 dc-1023ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically I have a hp Omen gaming laptop and the keyboard it self has some problems like when gaming I press W and then D I can't press nothing more like shift or space.

I play csgo and there strafing sometimes I just can't because my keyboard stop detecting all the keys I press. 

I though was bad keyboard then bought a external one. With the external one also acts equal, then I though the keyboard was also the problem and tested in a other pc and didn't happen that. 

How could I fix it ? It's so annoying. I already reinstalled windows and also had already reinstalled all keyboard drives also disable laptop keyboard and only using the external one nothing fix it. 

Could it be because it has Spanish keyboard and is not in Spanish in Windows ? 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@epiL1

I reviewed your post and I understand that the keyboard is not working correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108803.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So basically my computer just got back from warranty because performance and some heat problem as well as I couldnt update bios. 

I've got it now for 4 days the performance problem is gone as well as heat problem and bios is updated and in warranty they updated to the latest. 

But I still have that problem with my keyboard it's only in my Omen laptop i tested in PS4 and other old laptop none had that problem. 

What should I do ? Because the laptop keyboard as the same problem as the external one.

HP Recommended

@epiL1

I recommend you contact support again and they will assist you in this regard.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But the problem is the it's impossible to explain the problem basically that only happens when gaming...

But yea I will contact them again thank

HP Recommended

@epiL1

You're welcome!

Take Care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have successfully upgraded the windows on my Hp elitebook 840 G4. Before this step, my laptop was working fine without any issue. After upgrading I noticed the following:

1-  When I try to type anything anywhere (browser, word, note, etc ... ), Auto typing of these letters "  zxc\ty,.\ " appear.

2-  Volume muting

3- Shift key activating

The above points start together; for example, if I try to type something on the web,  after 5 to 6 letters the above characters (point 1) appear, and the volume mutes and the shift key activates at the same moment.

I tried to reset my win 10 pro with removing all the application and reinstalling the windows (without touching the data) but immediately when I finished the installation and while trying to enter the password, the shift key activated and I found myself typing capital letters and auto characters appear in the password area. The issue appeared again.

It is a really disturbing issue. 

Is there a way you can help?

HP Recommended

Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same exact problem on a different HP model, and I found another post on here recently from someone else with the same exact issue, a different model from both of us.

HP Recommended

No,I haven't found any solution yet.

It's quite disappointing that Hp isn't responding to this issue.

Please, if you do find a solution share them with me. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.