Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-dh1020nr

So my spacebar key is level with the keyboard frame, as are some of the other keys. There does not seem to be noticeable swelling, but it does get rather warm when I game. Is the battery easily able to be removed if that is the issue, and if so, can the laptop function without a battery? Also, if this is likely the battery, how would one go about removing said battery? The laptop is out of warranty and I do not currently have the money to pay to talk to support. So here I am. Any help anyone can give is much appreciated!! I bought this almost exactly 2 years ago. Also, I try to only plug it in when it is dying, I have tried to extend the life of the battery, apparently to no avail. 

I guess my ultimate question, if I take it somewhere to have the battery removed, will it still function the same as long as it is plugged in?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.