Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce008ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP OMEN Laptop 15-ce008ca 1UG8OUA running (Windows 10 Home Version 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz, 8 GB RAM Installed). I am experiencing spikes in both average CPU load and real-time peaks (audio processing - see below). The Digital Audio Workstation throws "Audio Drop-off Error" messages when recording AND terminates recording. When I monitor CPU usage, it reports around 2% load. The Digital Audio Workstation should run flawlessly up to something in the high-80% range for CPU load, so I'm trying  to find what else in the system could be causing the problem. I have run memtest (passed, no errors). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I run a Digital Audio Workstation (Steinberg Cubase LE AI Elements 9 Version 9.0.30 Build 266 (64 Bit) and a VST Audio System (Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V2.1.1) through an Audio Interface (Steinberg UR22mkII -Mode: Standard, Buffer Size: 128 Samples, Input Latency: 6.780 msec Output Latency 7.755 msec). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.