11-26-2018 03:08 AM
My laptop is not able to charge properly. When I plug my power cord into my laptop, the charging light turns on for about 1-2 seconds and then turns off and stays off. My laptop has been working normally until today, when this incident happened.
My laptop is currently out of battery and so I am not able to perform software diagnostics. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?
11-27-2018 01:03 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums,
We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!
- Is your computer not turning on anymore?
- If yes, did you try connecting an alternate adapter/wall outlet or a battery to your device?
- Have you attempted to reinstall the battery drivers?
While you respond to that, here's what I recommend (perform steps exactly as prescribed to resolve the issue)
- Unplug the charger
- Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins after a power reset: Click here for steps.
- If the device turns on, Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, press windows key + X to select the same, right-click on battery drivers and select uninstall the device,
- Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee