Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-ax203na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

My laptop is not able to charge properly. When I plug my power cord into my laptop, the charging light turns on for about 1-2 seconds and then turns off and stays off. My laptop has been working normally until today, when this incident happened.

My laptop is currently out of battery and so I am not able to perform software diagnostics. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@tudortrita

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!

• Is your computer not turning on anymore?
    • If yes, did you try connecting an alternate adapter/wall outlet or a battery to your device?
  • Have you attempted to reinstall the battery drivers?

While you respond to that, here's what I recommend (perform steps exactly as prescribed to resolve the issue)

• Unplug the charger
  • Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins after a power reset: Click here for steps.
  • If the device turns on, Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, press windows key + X to select the same, right-click on battery drivers and select uninstall the device,
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.