Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Model15-ax209nk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello , so i had my laptop for about 1.5 years now and its been running good , but its been like a month now and the laptop is getting super hot when i touch it like its burning and the fps in all games drop drastically , like im playing at like 60 fps it drops to 20fps sometimes even at 12fps and then goes back up and it happens frequently like each 2 minutes of gaming , the problem begins when i launch a game the moment i launch a game fans start blowing super fast and the laptop starts to get hot i checked the temps my cpu and gpu are at 90c at some point my cpu even hit 96 degrees celcius and while idle or just having one chrome tab open the cpu is at 57 degrees right now im thinkning about resetting the pc but i dont know if that would help and i cant take it to a pc repair because of the pandemic if anyone could help me that would be awesome thank you and here is my laptop specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU@2.80Ghz 2.81@Ghz

12GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 with 4GB 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Karouiboi69

You describe the fans speeding up and down, and the frame rate rising and falling. It sounds very much like your machine has collected dust which has built up within the cooling fan and hot air outlets. You could clean the dust away by removing the underside cover from your laptop. This doesn't void your warranty, you are allowed to remove the cover if for example you wanted to upgrade the amount of memory installed. Usually the build up of dust and fluff is easily removed by simply blowing it away.

Pavilion 17-cd0526na 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel i7-9750H, GTX 1650 4GB, 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD, 16GB Ram - Dualboot Windows 10 Pro and MXLinux

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Karouiboi69

You describe the fans speeding up and down, and the frame rate rising and falling. It sounds very much like your machine has collected dust which has built up within the cooling fan and hot air outlets. You could clean the dust away by removing the underside cover from your laptop. This doesn't void your warranty, you are allowed to remove the cover if for example you wanted to upgrade the amount of memory installed. Usually the build up of dust and fluff is easily removed by simply blowing it away.

Pavilion 17-cd0526na 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel i7-9750H, GTX 1650 4GB, 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD, 16GB Ram - Dualboot Windows 10 Pro and MXLinux
HP Recommended

well i'll try opening it up if i find the tools thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.