Terrio1999
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop Stuck In a Boot Loop

HP Recommended
Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I factory reset my laptop and when rebooting it got stuck on 64%, so i tried to reset it and just erase all the files because i read online that might work, now it is still in a boot loop. i tried to do a system recovery but it says there is no admin account, and i cant go into command prompt or anything else without an admin account. Is there a fix without going out and buying the windows 10 recovery image? I have tried every online solution i could find and nothing is working.

1 REPLY 1
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,666 12,443 1,306 4,291
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Terrio1999 

To be specific to your question, you don't have to buy another copy of Windows since I assume that old laptop was already upgraded to Windows 10.

You can download and install a fresh copy from the Microsoft Website  using the Media Creation Tool here...

Create media Windows 10

You need a blank 8GB USB flash drive (or no larger than 32GB) and another Windows 10 computer to download with.

Here is how HP tells how to do it... 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04641788

But I will ask, what led you to need to reinstall Windows?

If the system was not working, booting, doing weird things, etc etc. It might be an indication of the hard drive failing. If the hard drive is still original, this is the most likely reason and it would need to be replaced.

I will wait to hear from you first, before offering anymore suggestions.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation