Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion gaming 15
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, i have a HP pavilion gaming 15 laptop and today i noticed the battery didnt go below 100% after 1 hour or so of use. I checked with the hardware diagnostics tool and it said "failed", later in the F2 menu right when u press the power button i did the battery test and it said "primary battery disconected", but the battery was connected and it would work, 1 day before this had happened the battery worked perfectly it would show correct percentage. i let the laptop charge even tho it was at 100% for about 30 mins or so, and then i shutted it down. and now i am presented with this problem. Is there a way to solve this problem? I am running on windows 11, and the laptop is new.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Alright, so it appears that the issue has worsened. Today i tried to turn on the laptop and for a moment it turned on the screen with the HP logo and then it powere off. I tried again to turn it on, and nothing. When i plugged it in to the wall (on AC power) it turned on with no problem. It appears that the battery might be dead on the laptop. Will consider sending it back probably.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.