Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce013na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, i have an hp omen with a graphics card nvidia gtx1060 with q max design. I play call of duty warzone on it and it used to be a great experience with a constant 60 fps until yesterday. It started having fps drops to 20 from time to time but it was still an overall okay experience. Today, i tried playing again and from first game, my fps was never constant it kept on decreasing and increasing all the time and half the time it was between 2 and 17 fps even on very low settings. I looked it up online and chrcked that all my softwares and drivers are up to date. I even went to hp assistant and did all the updates as well as all the possible tests, and it kept on doing the same. Please anyone has any answer to that problem ?

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have an HP OMEN 15 with the Nvidia GTX 1050ti and experienced the same problems playing COD-WARZONE. What worked for me was going into Nvidia Control Panel and making sure the Configure Surround, PhysX processor setting was on my GTX 1050ti...that my Global settings was always using my GTX and on the Adjust Image Settings I used balanced. I also went into GeForce Exp. app and had a driver update...but I took it one step further and used the OPTIMIZE feature...and when I restarted COD my FPS stayed at a steady 65, sometimes going down to 60 but never past that. Not saying it's going to work for you but it worked for me. Good luck !

HP Recommended

Hello,

thanks for answering this quick. I tried what you told me and now instead of 60 fps my game runs at 80 when on lowest settings but but there a re drops to 20 fps every 2 seconds, even in the lobby while in the queue for a game. Anyone has any solution to that? 

HP Recommended

Do you have 8GB or 16GB of RAM ? I upgraded mine from 8 to 16GB {Crucial Ballistic Gaming RAM} and that made a big difference to mine. Btw, my FPS also fluctuates while in lobby waiting to play. I wouldn't concern myself with it too much...as long as your fps stays in the range of 60-70 while playing your good. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.