Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I am using hp pavilion gaming laptop 15 

Specs:

Ryzen5 3550h 

GTX 1650

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

the laptop is slow and the response is also is laggy

But after 1hour of usage it  becomes fast .

It shows 100% disk usage at the beginning and reduces to normal after 1 or 2 hours of use.

Kindly help me to solve the problem 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

In Spanish.

Hola Krisanth.

Me gustaria saber si el disco duro que tienes es HDD, SDD o NVMe, ya que en mi caso tengo una laptop con especificaciones muy similares, las especificaciones de mi laptop son:

AMD RYZEN 5 3550H

NVIDIA GTX 1050

RAM 16GB

Disco duro 1TB NVMe m.2

La verdad es que no deberías estar presentando ningún problema de lentitud o fluidez en el caso de que fuera un disco duro SSD o NVMe, ya que en estos dos casos los discos deberían trabajar con una rapidez y fluidez adecuada. Claramente esto también dependerá de varios factores, como por ejemplo, el programa o programas que estas ejecutando en el momento, si el disco duro tiene suficiente espacio disponible para no saturarse o incluso en algunos casos llega ser posible falta de memoria RAM.

Ahora, que el disco este al 100 % al principio y se normalice después de 1 o 2 horas de uso, no es algo muy común ver esto en un disco duro, lo primero que debes hacer es entrar al administrador de tareas y chequear que programa o programas están provocando que el disco duro llegue al 100% de su uso, esto nos facilitara encontrar más rápido una solución a tu problema. 

También te recomendaría que actualices todos los drivers que estén disponibles para tu laptop, como verificar las actualizaciones de Windows, actualizaciones de los controladores de AMD y de NVIDA e incluso actualizar los drivers de HP, los drivers de HP los puedes actualizar desde HP Support Assistant ya que estos también son importantes.

Por ultimo te quiero hacer una pregunta, quisiera saber si en algún momento has monitoreado tus componentes?

Esta pregunta te la hago porque yo tengo el mismo procesador que tu, y desde hace 2 o 3 semanas estoy presentando problemas en la temperatura del procesador y me gustaria saber si de casualidad es un error que solamente lo estoy presentando yo.

Muchas gracias por tu ayuda y estaré atento a tu respuesta o cualquier inquietud que tengas!

In English

Hi Krisanth,

I would like to know if the hard drive you have is HDD, SSD, or NVMe since I have a laptop with very similar specifications. The specifications of my laptop are as follows:

AMD RYZEN 5 3550H

NVIDIA GTX 1050

16GB RAM

1TB NVMe m.2

In truth, you shouldn't be experiencing any slowness or lack of fluidity if you have an SSD or NVMe hard drive since these two types of drives should provide adequate speed and smoothness. However, this also depends on several factors such as the programs you are running, ensuring that the hard drive has sufficient available space to avoid saturation, or in some cases, it could be a lack of RAM.

Now, it is not very common to see the hard drive at 100% usage at the beginning and then normalize after 1 or 2 hours of use. The first thing you should do is open the Task Manager and check which program or programs are causing the hard drive to reach 100% usage. This will help us find a solution to your problem more quickly.

I would also recommend updating all available drivers for your laptop, including checking for Windows updates, updating the AMD and NVIDIA drivers, and even updating the HP drivers. You can update HP drivers through HP Support Assistant as they are also important.

Lastly, I have a question for you: Have you ever monitored your components?

I ask this question because I have the same processor as you, and for the past 2 or 3 weeks, I have been experiencing temperature problems with the processor. I would like to know if it is a problem that only I am experiencing or if it is a more widespread issue.

Thank you very much for your help, and I will be attentive to your response or any concerns you may have!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.