Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop

laptop restarts automatically and unexpectedly while doing any job, without giving any reasons

>> in system log, it gives me error:  kernel power and  error code: 41

there is no any optional audio driver 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The reason  for the uncommanded restart could be a number of things.

Did you recently upgrade the installed memory? 

Did you have a recent Windows  update?   You can remove it to see if it fixes the issue?

Save all important data before doing the following suggestion.

Consider using a restore point back to a date before the issue began. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i reset os including apps and files but still the problem is unresolved

HP Recommended

It would help the troubleshooting process along if you answer the question that I posed in my last response to your thread.

Otherwise, I can't see how I can assist you.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i have purchased this laptop in jan of this year and  have not upgraded any memory yet. Yes of course, i had installed recent windows patches and removed them as well according to you, but still this problem is unresolved. 

please help me out sir.

HP Recommended

Have you used the HP PC Hardware Diagnoistics UEFI utility to test the installed memory and system board?

From an off state, press the power buton and then tap the Esc key. A menu should appear.

Press the F2 key to invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnoistics UEFI utility.

Click on Component tests and then Memory. Choose the memory long test. It will take quite some time to complete.

If the laptop immediately restarts when you begin the memory test, it is veru likely that the installed memory has issues and needs to be replaced. 

If there are two modulkes installed you can remove one and boot to Windows to see if the issue still exists.

HP Recommended

i carried out all the test supported by hp.ocm such as, pc hardware test,  memory test, bios firmware test and etc. but still problem is unresolved.

I realized that, laptop mostly restarts during whatsapp video call or watching youtube video.

HP Recommended

It would help if you identified your notebook with a complete product name or product number. 

Since you have not done that, I am unable to provide a direct link to the driver download page of the product support portal for your specific HP notebook.

I suggest checking the HP Support portal for your notebok to ensure that the device drivers are up to date.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.