Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15t-dc000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have been gaming intensively recently and I realize that the fan noise still running quite often and loud recently even when it's idle. Before I play game that intensive the laptop's fan doesn't run that loud. Is there any way to diagnose this out? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Your notebook is supposed to keep itself cool. If it didn't, the CPU would either shutdown or be fried.

The fan is cooling down the processor and the graphics solution.

Your gaming notebook's BIOS is protecting your investment.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I mean the CPU can lower down it's clock speed, but it doesn't.... It locked at 2.21 Ghz as a base clock and cannot go down any further.... 

clipboard_image_0.png

HP Recommended

Why do you believe that has something to do with the fan running? 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Before this windows 10 1903 update (version 1809), my laptop is quieter than this version. I don't know if that's a HP problem or windows problem. But this is rather annoying for me since I often study in a library and my laptop is literally screaming... I don't even want to put my charger in because that will make the fan runs worse.... I have no idea what to do right now. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. The left fan of my omen 17 is spinning at 2800rpm from the moment I boot into Windows 10 and never slows down. I have a clean install of windows 10 with all the latest update as well as all firmware/driver updated from the HP support software. And I just bought my laptop a week ago so it’s unlikely to be dust. I also noticed that the all cores are locked at the maximum frequency even when it’s idle. I adopted someone’s suggestion from this forum and added a power plan and undervolted my pc using throttlestop, the core slows down to about 900MHz when it’s idle while the left fan is still runs at 2000 rpm, admittedly not as loud. I think this is unacceptable but I don’t know what else I could do, I do like everything else about this laptop I hate to return it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.