Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-10-2022 08:51 AM
So I recently bought a HP Victus 16” gaming laptop like 2 days ago and ever since the first day, it does not run games at all. I am unsure if it is faulty or not but i upgraded the ssd to a 1Tb samsung gen 3 and when I tried to install windows on it, neither the the ssd i installed or the the one that came pre built showed up so I bought a gen 4 ssd and had the same issue. So that was my first problem, then now when I try to ran ANY games, i’m hit with a lot of lag that makes it to the point of any game is far from unplayable and much worse. Do I sent this to get looked at or is there anything I could do in the settings to get this fixed? I also want to mention it came with a RTX 3050 and I already installed the drivers and it is still happening.
01-13-2022 06:31 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue. Change the video display settings to match the minimum display requirements for the game.
- Right-click an open space of the Windows desktop (not on an icon), and then click Display settings.
- Change the resolution to match the game’s recommended display settings. Recommended display settings can be found using an online search.
- Click OK to accept the change.
- If prompted, accept the new settings. The display reverts to the prior settings if the changes are not accepted.
- If prompted, select the option to restart the computer, and then try playing the game again.
For more information on how to display settings that can affect performance, go to Improving Video Game Performance or FPS (Windows 10).
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community