Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop 15 cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been using my HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop 1-cx0xxxlaptop quite frequently for a while now, but as of late I've run into a quite worrying issue with the laptop's battery life. It only seems to charge up to a certain point, formerly eighty-percent as of a few days ago but now only seventy-four percent, and will charge no further afterwards. As well, day by day said max charge amount decreases by one percent or more. What could be causing this issue and how can I fix it? Do I need to replace the battery? If so, how do I replace the battery on one of these models of laptops?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ToastEnthusiast 

Normally when charging cycles go up the life of batteries between charge will go down and the life of batteries themselves will also go down.

Please try

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04700771

and check the report/log. You may have to replace battery of your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.