Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, my computer after 20-30 minutes gets a screen with the word “locking” in the middle, and my laptop goes into sleep mode. I tried booting it up and changing settings in the BIOS setup, keeps locking randomly. I tried changing settings in the options menu in the game, but still get a locking screen. It has 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD and Windows 10. It meets the system requirements for the game, but still getting a locking screen every time I play it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JacobRhyne

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Change power plans to meet performance needs

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Search for power, and then click Power Options.

Opening the Power Options in Windows

3. Select an option under Choose or customize a power plan.

Selecting a power plan

4. To customize the selected plan, click Change plan settings, and then select the display and sleep settings when using the battery and when plugged in.

NOTE: To set up a personalized plan, click Create a power plan from list on the left side of the main Power Options window, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The plan displays in the list of available power plans.
  5. To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.

Change advanced power settings for more options

6. Click the plus sign next to the component or function, change the available settings, click Apply, and then click OK.

Changing the Advanced settings

7. Click Save changes.

Note: you can set never options On battery and On Plugged in.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JacobRhyne

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Change power plans to meet performance needs

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Search for power, and then click Power Options.

Opening the Power Options in Windows

3. Select an option under Choose or customize a power plan.

Selecting a power plan

4. To customize the selected plan, click Change plan settings, and then select the display and sleep settings when using the battery and when plugged in.

NOTE: To set up a personalized plan, click Create a power plan from list on the left side of the main Power Options window, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The plan displays in the list of available power plans.
  5. To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.

Change advanced power settings for more options

6. Click the plus sign next to the component or function, change the available settings, click Apply, and then click OK.

Changing the Advanced settings

7. Click Save changes.

Note: you can set never options On battery and On Plugged in.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It does not lock as much anymore, so thank you for the solution!

HP Recommended

@JacobRhyne

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.