Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce069ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will the motherboard fit in the laptop hp omen 15-ce069ur? In this laptop is the motherboard DAG3ABMBCD0, CPU i7-7700hq, graphics card 1060 6gb, can I put in this laptop motherboard DAG3AEMBCD0 with a processor i7-8750h and graphics card 1060 6gb

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

15-ce069ur Product Specifications

see the documentation here

Maintenance and Service Guide
Hopefully a motherboard from the same series should be able to be used
But if it comes from a model not referenced here then, no certainty
From what you also indicated, just better processor, it may not be worth trying, risk / cost / gain ratio

the problem here is that the manual is for the other series obviously

Product Name OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC (model numbers 15-ce100 through 15-ce199, 15-ce600 through 15-ce699, and
15t-ce100)
Processors 8th Generation Intel processors

personally I would not certify you something uncertain

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello, the fact that I already ordered, but I would like to know what can go wrong, about the Bios, what can be wrong with it if I update it?

HP Recommended

I think you mean what I mention in my signature?
It's simple, we will often wrongly tell users to update the bios..
But, nothing says that this will solve the current problem!
But above all, since 2009 I started helping users, in the French hp community, and I saw users pass by, with a computer, which had become unusable following a failed bios update.
And despite the procedures indicated, possible by hp, nothing to do, only a small percentage of success!
Besides, although it is said that this is recommended by HP, sometimes I contacted Hp support once, they offered me to update the bios precisely..
I knew that this had no chance of solving my problem, but what really disconcerted me was that they had told me that if I updated the bios, it was to my risk and peril, and not covered under warranty

so I prefer to warn users that there is always a risk

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the answer, that is, after buying a laptop should not update the bios at all that would not expire the warranty?) I would also like to ask about the motherboard, what else can go wrong, all inputs fit the picture, and the seller said that they are essentially the same, but I'm still scared

HP Recommended

Sorry, I don't quite understand the meaning of the question.
I'm just saying what was told to me by hp support once
if I updated the bios, which he recommended to me, but if the computer no longer worked afterwards, it would not be covered under warranty!
But I still doubted what was said!
Now if a user, is under warranty, and does a bios update, but it fails, I don't think we can deny warranty, but I can't know what will, or not
For the replacement of the motherboard, a priori if the two series / models are quite similar, it should be ok, but I cannot certify it, we do not have the necessary documents here

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.