Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a 2022 HP Victus model 15t laptop brand new off amazon. Since I have been using it, I have experienced it randomly shutting down on its own multiple times while I am the middle of working on things on the laptop. The laptop stays plugged in all the time, so it is not operating off of battery at any point.

I use this laptop for music production primarily. Unfortunately, today I had this random shutdown occur while in the middle of working on a production piece. This inspired me to take to the support forum.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated. I have run HP system tests and all passed with no issues.

Technical info:

2022 Newest HP Victus 15 15.6" FHD 144Hz (AMD 8-Core Ryzen 7 5800H, 64GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, Geforce RTX 3050 Ti 4GB, IPS) Gaming Laptop, Backlit, Webcam, Type-C, Wi-Fi 6, IST Cable, Windows 11 Home

Thank you for any feedback or advice you can offer. Gary. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @GaryDY,
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with your Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop wherein it randomly keeps shutting down.

Please run the updates from HP Support Assistant by following the steps listed below:
1. Download the current version from this webpage Link
2. Click on Updates and Messages to scan for new updates.
3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
You may also refer to the HP document to download and use HP Support Assistant by visiting this Link 

Let me know if this works.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.