Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 5010tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've HP Omen 15 Gaming Laptop and it has beats audio in it. It uses realtek HD Drivers and Beats Audio Control Panel for Sound. My problem is that I hear all kind of sounds parallel from both left and right speaker, even with headphones plugged in. My headphones are working ok with other devices. 

Problem is with drivers probably. Because when I go to windows sound settings and in properties of audio devices in the Levels Tab, there's a "Balance" Button which allows me to control the volume level of left & right channel seperately. I used that by lowering one channel while playing music in the background and it worked. The volume reduced seperately. But I did it manually. I hear same equal sound from both sides while playing games and any Audio. My Audio jack is fine. My headphones are fine and laptop speakers are also working ok. How to fix this issue? It really creates problems while gaming. 

I've tried reinstalling drivers. 

I've tried installing new copy of driver. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Asad_Ullah304

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try this app PC Volume Mixer - Server: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/pc-volume-mixer-server/9plcqqvpk1qn?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No this app didn't work bcz it's for controlling the volume from phone. My problem is that if I'm playing a game and enemy is on the left side so i should be able to listen to it from the left side of the headphones of speakers, But i listen all kind of sounds equally from both sides which really reduces my performance in gaming as i don't know where the sound is coming from.

It used to be ok.... I don't know what happened to the drivers. Even the Jack, speakers and the headphones are working ok.

HP Recommended

Try to  go to headphone properties, and give it a test. Or just simply run trouble shoot under audio. So, it could be your headphone or audio driver issue. Or it being misconfigured.

HP Recommended

Did you even read my Problem? My headphones are ok. Troubleshoot didn't help. Drivers can be the headache but i downloaded and installed a fresh copy of latest audio drivers... Still It's not fixed. 

HP Recommended

Ok, try DDU (yes they do audio as well) to completely uninstall the audio drivers that it also clears the registry of where the audio drivers were. I had used them to completely wipe the GPU drivers. And they had worked perfectly. And yes they do clear the registry of which driver that the DDU is uninstalling. It is completely safe. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.