Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have bought this HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx  since 4-5 months ago.

OP: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 18362.592

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz

RAM: 8GB SK Hynix 2667MHz

GPU 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

GPU 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)

lately when I plug the charger it charge very very slowly (1% in 20 minutes) , I have to plug/unplug the charger 6 or 7 times or restart it 2 or 3 times or open some game that requires the Nvidia  GPU to work so it charge better to make the battery charge correctly.

I tested the components with Hp Support Assistant , I noticed that when the problem happens that the current is about  227 mA, but in normal status it is 10 times that value.

I updated drivers and tried multiple solutions still the same.

so is it normal ,am I  missing something and I shouldn't do this stuff or I should be more concerned ???

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MahmoudTR

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the charging issue. 

Have you tried all the steps mentioned here? If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying, @Asmita6658

I've already tried those steps except unplugging the battery because it is internal.

My warranty is probably out and my region is Syria so I don't think they will be able to help me, I tried contacting my local dealer,

they said: the problem is because of the low voltage of the city electricity. I measured the voltage, it wasn't too low (180-220 V) and I tried running a game "PES2019" approximately for 8 minutes the charging was fine and I had no problem until I was reading a pdf book while charging the charge rate stoped at 99%.

I don't know if it's an issue or a safety system for the battery, I am afraid that it is a safety system and my actions will affect the battery bad.

Sorry for the long reply, I had to explain the problem and Thanks again for helping.

HP Recommended

@MahmoudTR

Thanks for keeping us posted

Yes this might affect the Battery lifetime due to lower voltage. But that will be a later concern. As of now since the voltage is low, even with the AC Adapter connected you might not be able to use the Notebook as designed especially when it comes to running heavier programs and Apps

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.