Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the last 3 days specially, I have been having some blue screen of death issues, window update issues, and now RAM issues. Due to this, I decided to do a clean reinstall of Windows on my PC, the windows update issues are now gone, but the other two continue. 

I've been running windows memery diagnostics, and they are detecting an error, but I don't know what it is or how to fix it. The message says that I should contact the manufacturer, so here I am. Alongside this error, I've been constantly suffering of the blue screen of death, being the most recurrent errors "kernel security check error" and "system service exception". The blue screens of death appear most of the time while I'm downloading something heavy, a game for instance, but also after some hours of using my computer. 

I've tried with restore health, sfc scannow, hp hardware diagnostics and opening up my pc and cleaning the RAM slots and checking everything is OK, which it is. None of this has resolved the issue. I would appreciate if someone has a solution for this RAM error, thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What I would try is this...

If your notebook has two memory modules, remove one and run the notebook off it.

If you continue to get memory errors, BSOD's and whatnot, remove that chip and replace it with the first one you took out.

One of those memory chips is probably no good and needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick answer, I'll try it right now.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.