cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

My notebook locks up while playing game

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 dk0017nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Pavilion 15 dk0017nt. My notebook locks up and freezes while i playing game. No functions works. When it locks up  sound also gets stuck about 1 min. It requires a hard reboot.  I don't know why but it only happens in some games.  My drivers are all up to date. I did diagnostic and all test about component but there seems to be no problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,017 18,976 826 878
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Axanto

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried disabling the Windows Game mode?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

1. Open the Settings menu by clicking the cogwheel icon in the start menu.
  2. Select the gaming section of the settings menu.
  3. Navigate to the Game Mode section in the sidebar.
  4. Click to toggle Game Mode on or off.

And, also create a new power plan: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04752217#:~:text=Search%20for%20power%2C%20and%20then,battery....

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05525831 to know more about Improving Video Game Performance or FPS (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your assistance.

I gave my notebook to the technical service of HP. I got it back 2 days ago. Because of that, I was not able to reply. Anyway, after my notebook had come, I did some tests in-game. Unfortunately, I saw that my problem didn't solve. They did a clean install in my notebook. I didn't make either any software change or update. I also closed Game Mode.  Nothing has changed. The problem still goes on. 

I wonder is there a chronic problem with this model of notebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,189 10,192 435 683
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Axanto

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you,.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation