Tutor
11 6 2 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My omen is getting high temperatures with basic tasks

HP omen 17 cb0700nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a replacement for my hp omen which had broken speakers but my new hp omen is getting extremely hot with basic tasks like downloading, installing and browsing the web. For installing and downloading my cpu hit multipele times 100 celcius on the comfort profile with the latest bios update and windows version installed. For browing my fans have to make a lot of noice (with just 3 tabs open) and it is still hitting 80 celcius. Is this again a defect since the previous laptop didn't even reach 100 celcius while gaming on comfort.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,246 18,921 1,577 2,635
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MrAndre96 Welcome to HP Community! This isn't an issue as such, all you need is to understand how the device works and make a few tweaks to resolve the issue, that said, I've checked the product specifications of your device, and I see that you've got an Intel® Core™ i7-9750H that supports a Tjunction of 100°C (which means, the device should work fine until it reaches this level of heat), that said, you may want to follow the below steps to reduce the heat from your device, though the cooling pad is a good idea, there's a lot more you can do:

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents

Most notebook computers have vents located around the case to allow air to flow through the case. If these vents become clogged, or if heat-generating parts become covered with dust, the fan cannot cool the components properly, because the laptop is hot and overheating becomes a problem. Lint and dust accumulation prevents air from flowing around the cooling fan blades and causes the fan to work harder and the laptop to get hot. If there is dust in the vents, you should clean the laptop by blowing out the dust from around the fan and heat shield. This prevents dust from accumulating.

It is not necessary to open the notebook (laptop) to clean out the dust with the canned, compressed air.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(Though the header is different or the link is for another device, the steps to follow will help resolve your concern & By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
MrAndre96 Tutor
Tutor
11 6 2 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have contacted the HP tech support and this laptop was also marked as a DOA (so second in a row only for different problems). In the end I have now also retoured this laptop...

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,246 18,921 1,577 2,635
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MrAndre96 I wish you could have tried these steps before returning it, nevertheless, I wish you good luck in your future products and have a good day ahead,

Let us know if you need anything else.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation