Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0013dx

When I created the email for the laptop I made a typo.  After installing a windows update, it asks for a pin I don't remember setting up and otherwise has locked the computer.  I tried rolling back an update and even reinstalling windows through the safe mode but didn't work.  I didn't set up a phone for recovery for reasons I can't remember.  Had this happen one other time and I rolled back computer and disabled the pin.  Can't reset the email address, can't recover the pin because the error is in the domain name (sbglobal instead of the correct sbglobal).  Microsoft told me they cannot help.  Any ideas, or who I need to contact?  

Needing a factory reset basically, that will allow me to create my email for sign in as if just out of the box.  I have one idea, to find an algorithm that can hack the pin (if it exists at all), but even if I could do that it wouldn't fix the problem of the bad email.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use the HP cloud recovery tool and a 32 GB USB flash drive to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall Windows, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

Since you will have to use the utility on another PC, you will need to enter your notebook's product number in the tool's search window in order to proceed to make the recovery media.

Your PC's product number is: 7QS79UA#ABA

You will lose all data currently stored on the hard drive using the above recovery method.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.