Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am use to seeing a native display adapter/driver in addition to the graphics card.

Why isnt there one on this rig?

What happens if the 1070 goes bad or is disabled for some reason?Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK thanks.

You have a 17- w200 series CTO (configure to order) so there are no specs available for those custom configs.

If you have a GTX 1070, then most likely you also have a G-Sync enabled screen panel, therefor does not use switchable graphics. So no, there is no way of changing this as its physically configured this way.

My w200 series is the same way also.

Even though the Intel driver is available from the downloads page, its not intended for your model.

Apparently the support tech that helped you didnt know that.

Hope that clears things up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

ps.  after a separate issue support told me to install this display driver (and newer bios) which (of course) failed because there is no display adapter for it.  Capture 1.PNG

HP Recommended

Ill try to help if I can.

What model do you have, is it the 17-W200 CTO as in your picture above?

Full product number works also.

HP Recommended

Hi Photoray,  its  product number X7N74AV.

I think HP has confirgured it without an integrated adapter, only the gtx 1070.

There is no setting in the bios to turn on the integrated adapter.

HP Recommended

OK thanks.

You have a 17- w200 series CTO (configure to order) so there are no specs available for those custom configs.

If you have a GTX 1070, then most likely you also have a G-Sync enabled screen panel, therefor does not use switchable graphics. So no, there is no way of changing this as its physically configured this way.

My w200 series is the same way also.

Even though the Intel driver is available from the downloads page, its not intended for your model.

Apparently the support tech that helped you didnt know that.

Hope that clears things up.

HP Recommended

thank you P-Ray

Apparently no one at HP knows this as I had more than one support person and a supervisor.

They even shipped me another one which also showed no integrated display adapter.

Why does it take a customer to explain to me what in hell is going on?

Kudos to you and none to them!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.