TheodoreBagwell
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New BIOS update OVERHEATS CPU

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec00
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The new bios update that rolled out made my laptop's cpu extremely hot even on idle. I booted up to 93 degrees and it went down to 78-84 on IDLE. While gaming my laptop turns off because the temperatures are too high. I've done research and hundreds of people have the same problem as me. 

Please HP, don't act like this is an hardware issue and just fix this. Your BIOS update may destroy hundreds of brand new laptops. My laptop is brand new and It's perfectly clean. Does anyone know how to fix this other than using Ryzen Controller. I'm tired of this I just want to play my games. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,663 23,621 1,076 1,115
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TheodoreBagwell

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Shut down the computer, and then inspect and clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Dust can accumulate inside the vent openings and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat.

For more information on reducing heat inside your computer, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC.

• After you remove the dust, turn on the computer. If the error message persists, continue with these steps.
  • Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again, even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service.

For more information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.

If the issue persists, follow next steps. perform BIOS rollback.

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation