Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 16-a0033nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Yesterday i bought a brand new HP Pavilion 16-a0033nq (free dos, i7 10750h, GTX 1660TI MAX-Q, 16GB RAM, 512 SSD PCie) and since the begining it started with fans at max speed (plugged in).

I installed windows 10 x64, updated everything and fans are at maximum when it is plugged in (somethimes its stopping). 

On battery the temperature of CPU and GPU are around 50-55 (maxim 57) on normal use. In 3-4 seconds after i pluggin temp raise to 65-70 and fans are going at maximum. If again i go on battery in 3-4 seconds goes back to 50-55 temperature and fans are stopping.

I disabled Fan Always on from bios (thats the only thinks about fans in bios..nothing about thermal).

Still nothing.

After that i updated the last version of BIOS and still nothing.

Also...i tried Just Cause 4 on Very High (1366x768) on battery and in 5 minutes temperature was still at 55-58...and fans was runing sometimes, but in silent mode. Only in 1920x1080 in started running a little more..but still very ok. When i plugged in...maximum speed again.

I tried everythink in PowerPlan from windws...i tried every options...passive, active, maximum and minimum processor state...nothing changed.

Do you have any ideea what can i do ? If not..i am going to return it tomorrow and get my money back.

Thanks,

Have a nice day,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After searching many hours on many forums...no one said anything about Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Setting > Preffered Graphics Processor.

It was set to itegrated graphics so...my intel i7 was going crazy for that integrated graphic card.

I also reinstaled my windows and all drivers and now it seems to work better. It is not like an airplane now.

Maybe it was one driver missing, that nvidia control panel settings, maybe this time settings from Power Options really worked (Passive mode)...i don't know but it is really better now.

I am still testing everything to be sure.

So..if anyone has this problem try this:

- Reinstall windows and all drivers (maybe one windows update is failing)..and install HP Support to get all drivers from HP.com

- BE SURE TO OPEN Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Setting > Preffered Graphics Processor and try with Dedicated Card to see the difference.

- EDIT: Now i also changed in power options "maximum processor state" to 80% and temperature is always at 50, fan speed silent or stopped and  processor clock speed is at 2000 Mhz instead of 4000+ Mhz (Maximum all the time). If i am going to need more power from my i7 i am going to raise to 90-95%. But it is ok like this.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.