Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop dk0047tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
FYI, I'm using a Pavilion 15 dk0047tx,
Now coming to my issue,
why is it that your gaming laptops fans dont spin fast even though temps reach over 95 C,
But when it does a BIOS update, it spins so fast that it is almost 4 times louder than it is when it is spinning at its 'so called' max speed...!!!???
Pls answer my small question,
That if the cooling fans are capable of spinning at much more higher RPMs, why are they limited even when they should be spinning fast, when the CPU is at over 95 C.....!!!??????
Does HP do that intentionally..
So the laptop dies an early death by prolonged use at high temps..!!!!????
Besides, there is setting in the BIOS menu to keep your fan on 'Always On'.
As per my information from HP India, it is supposed to keep the fans running on its 'so called' max speed at all times, or atleast while it is plugged-in.
Whats the point of this setting if it is not going to keep the fans at max speed, and its still going to work like Normal..!!??

The fans will only spin fast when the CPU temps are above 80 degrees,

Even an idiot knows that a gaming laptop's cooling fans shall be running at its max at such Heat levels ... Then how can your engineers design such dumb "Temperature-Fan Speed" curve !!??
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ShubhamAgine

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake 

Thankyou for taking out your time to reply to my post,

My Laptop is completely Up-to-Date with all the Latest Drivers, BIOS updates, and Windows Firmware as well.

Also I've followed the basic troubleshooting steps as advised by one of your HP Support Technician, after which I've cleaned the vents and any kind of dust accumulated in the ventilation system.

Besides, Sir, I've already stated my issue and Query Loud and Clear, to which you haven't answered properly yet.

If the Fans are capable of spinning much faster than they are, why are they Limited so much !!??

HP Recommended

@ WalgreensListens wrote:
FYI, I'm using a Pavilion 15 dk0047tx,
Now coming to my issue,
why is it that your gaming laptops fans dont spin fast even though temps reach over 95 C,
But when it does a BIOS update, it spins so fast that it is almost 4 times louder than it is when it is spinning at its 'so called' max speed...!!!???
Pls answer my small question,
That if the cooling fans are capable of spinning at much more higher RPMs, why are they limited even when they should be spinning fast, when the CPU is at over 95 C.....!!!??????
Does HP do that intentionally..
So the laptop dies an early death by prolonged use at high temps..!!!!????
Besides, there is setting in the BIOS menu to keep your fan on 'Always On'.
As per my information from HP India, it is supposed to keep the fans running on its 'so called' max speed at all times, or atleast while it is plugged-in.
Whats the point of this setting if it is not going to keep the fans at max speed, and its still going to work like Normal..!!??

The fans will only spin fast when the CPU temps are above 80 degrees,

Even an idiot knows that a gaming laptop's cooling fans shall be running at its max at such Heat levels ... Then how can your engineers design such dumb "Temperature-Fan Speed" curve !!??

Nice article ! It is a very informative . It was extremely helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.